Friday, August 3, 2012

RIVER PART II-Chapter 11-Looking for the Cave

.RIVER-PART II
By Ruth M Garcia-Marmolejos
 

 

Chapter 11
Looking for the Cave
Yurania Ylang and Cachita followed Andric. Yurania Ylang made sure that she was far enough; she did not want to be seen. Finally Andric parked the limo near the trees in the forest. “Drone and Yamarah should be arriving soon.” Cachita said.

“We will follow Andric when he gets out of the car.” Yurania Ylang said.

Andric did not get out of the car. “Maybe the cave entrance is near.” Yurania Ylang said. “No one can see the entrance and when Drone and Yamarah come out of the cave they will quickly walk to the limo and Andric will drive them to the Mall.
“Let’s go back.” Cachita said. “I don’t feel good doing this. We are betraying their trust.”

“No, we can’t go back, not yet.” Yurania Ylang said. “We are already here; I want to know where the cave is. We will wait until Yamarah and Drone get in the car.

Andric started the car and began to drive. “They must be here.” Yurania Ylang said. “Andric must be trying to be careful not to let anyone see him. Yamarah and Drone must be getting out of the cave, and Andric is now going to pick them up.”

Yurania Ylang followed Andric, she kept her distance, and parked across the street being careful not to let Andric see her. Yurania Ylang wanted to see when Yamarah and Drone came out of the cave.

“There they are.” Cachita said, “But where did they come from? I did not see them come out of any cave.”

“I did not see where they came from either.” Yurania Ylang said. “I did not see any cave entrance. They must have been behind the trees. As soon as they leave we will look around, it must not be very far.”

Andric drove away and Yurania Ylang parked the car near where Andric had been waiting for Drone and Yamarah. “Come on let’s get out of the car.” Yurania Ylang said.

“Where are we going?” Cachita asked. “Yurania Ylang, you promised that you would not go to the cave.”

“We are not going to the cave.” Yurania Ylang replied.” I just want to know where the entrance is, it must be nearby.”

Both women got out of the car and walked around the area where they saw Drone and Yamarah walking from. They even walked behind the trees, and could not find the entrance to the cave. They walked and walked but found nothing, not even rocks. “I guess it’s not anywhere around here.” Cachita said. “Take me home, I am tired. Just forget about the cave.

“OK, we could not find it this time.” Yurania Ylang said. “Next time we will follow them when they leave from here to go to the cave. I will take you home, and then go help River.”

“What do you mean next time?” Cachita asked. “I am not coming back here. You heard what they said, that if anyone who has never been to the cave or the other side that the entrance will close forever. I do not want Paulie to be stuck on the other side. Even if he is on this side, I do not want Paulie to never see his parents again. For that matter, I do not want to get stuck on the other side. River will also never see his mother again.”

“Do you really believe all that nonsense?” Yurania Ylang asked. “Something is there that they do not want us to see. I will not go into the cave, but I just want to see where the cave is, for now.”

“Yurania Ylang you are going to make trouble for us.” Cachita said. “Take me home please.”

The women walked to the car, and got in it. “If anyone asks where we were, we tell them we went for lunch.” Yurania Ylang said. “Then to the Mall to look at Baby stuff. Hey I got an idea. Let’s go window shopping for baby stuff, and then we won’t be lying.”

“Good idea.” Cachita said. “I need new clothes, noting fits me any more, my belly is growing too fast. The baby is due by Thanksgiving. I also need comfortable shoes.”

Yurania Ylang and Cachita went to the mall, ate lunch and went shopping for maternity clothes for Cachita. They also went to look at wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses. “I know that it’s a long time for Christmas.” Yurania Ylang said. “Time goes very fast and I want the perfect wedding dress. Cachita, will you be my Matron of Honor? You are my best friend. The bride picks out the Matron of honor. I don’t know who River will pick as his Best Man. Please say yes, you will have given birth by Christmas.”

“Oh my God!” Cachita replied. “Of course I will be your Matron of Honor. Thank you for asking. I was hoping that you would ask me. So many people have appeared into our lives now. It will be hard for River to pick out his Best Man. Please Yurania; take me home, I am so tired.”

Yurania Ylang Drove Cachita home then went to River’s office.

“Where have you ladies been all day?” River asked. “Did you ladies have a good day?”

“Cachita and I went for lunch.” Yurania Ylang replied. “Then we went window shooing for baby stuff. We ended looking at Wedding dresses. I asked Cachita to be my Matron of Honor, and she gladly accepted. Cachita is my best friend. I hope you don’t mind River.”

“No I don’t mind.” River said. “You are the bride, as a matter of fact, I am asking Paulie to be my Best Man. Paulie is also my best friend. The rest of the wedding party we will think of who will be best bridesmaid, grooms and everything else. I am ready to go home now.”

Yurania Ylang had gone back to living with her parents, and River went to live at the big house after they had graduated.

“We have to start the plans to build our own house.” River said. “I am meeting with Paulie and Dad at home. Will you come with me so you can tell us how you want the house built ad the colors?”

“Oh yes, how exciting.” Yurania Ylang said. I already have an idea of the colors. You can also ask Paulie to be our best man while we are there together.”

Yurania Ylang felt bad for breaking her promise to River, but she is very curious and wants to know where the cave is. She will not go in the cave. “At least she will try not to.” She thought.

River and Yurania Ylang locked the office and went to the big house to meet Ian and River, who were there already waiting for them. River, Yurania Ylang, Paulie and Ian had dinner then went to the Study to draw the plans for Yurania Ylang and River‘s house.

The plans were, drawn, the colors were picked, and everyone went to the living room to hear music drink wine and talk. “Paulie, I want to ask you something“. River said.

“OK, what happened now River?” Paulie asked. “Go ahead ask.”

“River said. “Paulie will you do me the honor of being the best Man at our wedding? You are my best friend.”

Paulie smiled and said. “I thought you would never ask, of course I will be your Best Man. I better go tell Cachita.”

“Ylang already asked Cachita and she accepted.” River said.

Cachita entered the living room at that moment and asked. “Did I hear my name mentioned in here?”

“Yes you did.” Paulie said. “River just asked me to be his Best Man at their wedding and I accepted. River also said that Yurania Ylang asked you to be the Matron of Honor and you said yes. We thought they would never ask.”

“Yes, Yamarah asked me.” Cachita said. “Isn’t it wonderful? I will not be pregnant then, because the baby will be born on or before Thanksgiving.”

“Where are Drone and Yamarah?” Yurania Ylang asked. “I thought that they were coming over today after they went shopping.”

“They came by, but had to leave right away.” Paulie said. “It was getting late and they had a lot of packages.”

Yurania Ylang looked at Cachita who understood what she was trying to do. “Is my father home?” Cachita asked.

“Yes he came in a little while ago.” Paulie replied. “Did you girls enjoy the day together? Did you shop a lot?”

“I bought some maternity clothes.” Cachita said. “None of my clothes fit me any more. We also looked at baby stuff and bridal dresses. I really am tired, please excuse me, I want to go rest. Good night everyone.” Cachita felt very bad about what she had done, and went to her room.

“Good night Cachita.” Yurania Ylang said.” I can understand how tired you must be. We did a lot of walking today. I too am tired, I am going home. I will call you tomorrow; maybe we can go out for lunch and shopping another day. Good night everyone.”

“I will accompany you home. “ River said.

“No, River, I can go home by myself.” Yurania Ylang said. “I do not live far from here; I will call you when I get home.”

River accompanied Yurania Ylang to her car. “Are you alright Yamarah?” River asked. “You have been acting kind of weird. Is there anything wrong?”

“No my love.” Yurania Ylang replied. “I guess the excitement of the wedding and building our new house has overwhelmed me. I am ok.” Yurania Ylang kissed River, got in the car and drove home. “I know that what I am doing is wrong.” Yurania Ylang said to herself. “I hate deceiving River this way, but I must find out where the cave is.”

The plot thickens, Will Yurania Ylang continue her quest to find the cave?
Stay tune for chapter 12



 


No comments:

Post a Comment